Blog Archive

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My big news!!

Maybe some of you remember me stating in a past post that I was homesick and wanted to quickly 'hop on the next flight' to visit friends and family.  Well, the feeling eventually passed and I went on living our unconventional life.

Well, recently some good friends back home brought to my attention of a little shindig going on at the Clyde in Duluth that they knew I'd be interested in.  It was time for a much needed break and I was NOT going to miss the perfect opportunity to see all my girlfriends at the same event.  So, after a lot of planning, and waiting, and more waiting, I was finally able to book my flight.  I'm coming home!!  I'll only be gone for 4 days, but I have a feeling it's going to be jam packed with fun, cold beverages, visiting, laughing, and a couple other surprises. ;) 

In preparation for my trip, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to knit myself something special since the only thing I've knitted myself is a pair of slippers, in which I wear all the time.  I wanted something simple, easy, and mindless... all of which this kerchief was.

impromptu

I did have a rough start and made a mistake at the end, but overall, I love it... especially the color.  From what I've heard though, spring hasn't yet sprung, but luckily most of my time will be spent indoors.

shawl3-0298

I also knit up a set of fingerless gloves. Yes, I know they don't match.  They'll be perfect for in the car when I'm driving my first ever rented vehicle.  I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about the whole trip... there is A LOT to be nervous about ;)

off the cuff

finished mitts3-0313

I've never had the experience of going home, so it's very exciting to me.  I suppose I feel 'special' in a way.  I bought myself a vintage, navy blue Samsonite suitcase for $5.99 at the Goodwill and I'm still trying to figure out what to pack.  I leave early Tuesday morning, so I guess I better get crackin'... er, I mean packin'.  I'll be bringing some knitting projects for on the plane and Scott's ipod so I don't have to get suckered into talking to the guy next to me.  Unfortunately though, my digital camera decided to stop working a few days ago and it's currently getting examined at a local camera shop.  They say it could take 2 to 3 weeks before I get it back... and it's not going to be cheap!  Thankfully I have 2 film cameras and our pocket sized Sony that we got for our wedding.

I'm hoping the girls will be good while I'm gone and that Scott will be able to handle everything without me here.  Because, well... I'm ALWAYS here and I haven't left little Ginger for more than one night.  I hope she doesn't cry too much.

It's likely that the week around this here blog is going to be pretty quiet... and quite possibly into next week too.  I hope you all have a great week and I'll be anticipating my return to tell you all about my trip.

Au revoir!!

2 comments:

  1. Your knitted projects turned out great. Have a fantastic time - everyone will be just fine for the few days you are away inventing in some YOU time. Travel safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does look rather zachish:)

    ReplyDelete

tell us what you think