Blog Archive

Friday, January 4, 2013

another renovation is in progress

I thought I'd share with you a little bit of the renovation process for my studio/gallery that will be opening this summer.  There is still a lot to be done and finding a nice stretch of time for Scott to work on it hasn't been so easy... but a lot of progress has been made.

These first two photos are where my studio will be.  I am able to access the shop by heading down our basement stairs and going in through the back door... that is the position I was in when taking this picture.  This space used to be a beauty shop that my dad had, and before they left town my dad removed the sinks and the majority of the cupboards.  Scott took down all of the existing paneling and barn wood that was covering much of the walls throughout the entire space and anything else that was left behind.

shop1-0579


and he managed to get all of the linoleum and carpet out as well.  I'm considering a dutch door to separate the studio from the gallery area... we'll see.

shop2-0580


The next few photos are taken from inside the gallery space.  I haven't quite figured out what the layout will be, but I have quite a bit of space to work with.  

White walls, lots of lighting, and a refinished stained/painted cement floor are what I'm envisioning.

shop3-0581


shop4-0582


shop5-0583

It's a bit overwhelming to be designing a space from scratch.  I tend to have too many ideas so it'll be challenging to edit them all out and choose what will work out best on my budget.  

Scott says that once the floor is done and the walls are painted, things should come together easier.  I think we'd better get on that if I'm planning on a Memorial Day weekend grand opening. Yikes!!

**I am looking for a great graphic designer who would be able to help me out with a design for my outdoor sign, business card, and a simple website.  Please feel free to leave a comment here or send me an email at seventhandstone@yahoo.com if you know of anyone. thanks!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell us what you think