Blog Archive

Sunday, April 1, 2012

pieces of home

I thought I'd share some pictures of our newly decorated living room.  Scott got some shelves up a couple of weeks ago so I was finally able to bring out some things that have been packed away. The room still isn't finished, but will it ever be?

I'm still trying to sell our recliner that I've tried to crop out of the picture, but no bites yet.  Our coffee table (which was left here by my parent's) used to be about a foot or two taller, but I had Scott cut it down so we could use it here.  It has a drawer on the other side where we currently store all of the DVDs.  The table on the far right is actually a record player that I found at an estate sale.  However, We need to take it to 'the doctor' because the sound coming out is really quiet.  That's on my to-do list. :)
living1-0298
The plaid chair was a $20 steal from Goodwill.  It's one of my favorites.
living2-0300

I made all the pillows except for the one with the bicycle.  I intend to make one more yellow chevron pillow but haven't gotten around to it.  The quilt was an Arizonian birthday present to myself last year.  I love it!
living4-0340


living6-0343

living3-0304


living9-0350
The sea fan (or whatever you call it) was purchased at Hunt & Gather in Minneapolis.
living8-0348
Our shelves are made from some old barn wood my Dad had in the attic of the garage.  We had them in our old house too.  The Angelus picture was another Goodwill score for $1.  My mother had the same framed print while she lived here, so I think it's kind of funny that I found one that's almost exactly the same.  The black framed photos are of my Mom and Dad.
living7-0344
And this is our current mantle.  I'm sure it's something that will always be changing, but it currently holds the pussy willows that Scott picked for me last week...
mantle2-0309
a couple of vintage cameras, a bird's nest, and an old photo of my Grampa.  And you can see our new gray carpet!!
mantle1-0315
It's a work in progress and I'm hoping to get a lot more done this spring before the weather gets nice and warm outside.  Once that happens, I know I won't want to be inside too much.  I still need to finish up the east room, both girls' rooms, and the sewing/playroom.

We're in the process of painting Ginger's big girl bed and I'm on the hunt for a retro school desk for Maria's room... one with the flip up top. :) The majority of our walls still need pictures hung too.  I swear it never ends. :)

Wishing you all a joyous Easter week.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful. You have pulled together all those wonderful eclectic (don't you love that word) bits to create a space that is totally you. I love the vintage collectables (cameras and fans) and the beautiful pop of colors from the pillows. I could get lost for hours enjoying all the details you have here - so if you see a random person wandering around your house - it's just me! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

tell us what you think