Blog Archive

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can't stand the heat? Get the heck out of Arizona!!

pola3-0305

That's exactly what we're going to do to!  As of June 14th, the girls and I will be boarding a plane to fly back to Minnesota.  We're planning to stay with Scott's mom for a few days and then head up north to Two Harbors where we'll be sending my father into cardiac arrest from having two wee ones staying, playing, and crying there until Scott comes in early July.

If you've been following this blog, you know pretty darn well that I can't stand the weather here.  I think I've complained about it since the day we arrived.  The heat makes it hard for me to get out and enjoy the outdoors or even enjoy a cup of coffee on the patio!  I keep day dreaming about Lake Superior's cool breeze, driving with the windows rolled down without the air on, and enjoying my morning coffee out on my mother's deck.  Taking a walk by the lake, in the woods, or just through town sounds much more appealing than staying cooped up in an air conditioned trailer because it's too f'ing hot to enjoy any other activities.  Scott is able to deal with the heat much better than I.  However,  wearing nothing more than swim shorts would keep me cooler too, or not.  

I suggested the idea to him as a joke... and he actually thought it was a great idea.  At first I didn't want him to feel like we were abandoning him in our great adventure, but the more he thought about it, the more he got excited about having two weeks to himself to do whatever he pleased.  He also thought the 2000 or so mile drive back to Minnesota in July would be quicker and more enjoyable without two kids crying in the backseat.  After a couple weeks of us all being together in Minnesota, we'll head out to the Northeast corner... most likely Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Vermont.  Scott is still working on getting a job, so our destination is still unknown.

This early trip home also means more time to spend with friends and family.  Maria will spend about a week with her Grandma (Scott's mother) doing all things fun including a camping trip to Cross Lake with her cousins.  I've got plans to see old friends and new friends and hopefully enjoy a few outdoor gatherings.  

This will be Ginger's first plane ride and I'm hoping she deals with it well.  She has a tendency to get a queasy stomach at high altitudes and windy roads... so we shall see.  A non-stop flight should get us to Minneapolis in about three hours, which means roughly two princess movies on my dad's portable DVD player.  I knew that thing would come in handy.

But tomorrow we'll be heading out on a different adventure... San Diego here we come!  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

1 comment:

  1. i bet your old friends and new friends are just as excited to see the three of you;)

    ReplyDelete

tell us what you think