Blog Archive

Friday, April 8, 2011

An afternoon well spent

This past weekend we took the drive down to Tucson to visit my parents.  They live in such a beautiful area right on the edge of the mountains and where the sunsets make the Catalina Mountains glow a magnificent pink.  I think I'll take refuge at their place quite a bit these next few months and relax on the patio swing with cerveza in hand.  Ahhhhh, the life.

My mother took me down to Tubac on Sunday morning to do a little shopping.  Tubac is known for their artist community and most of the shops had locally made goods and open art studios.  It was interesting and I came home with to adorable dresses for the girls.

We enjoyed lunch at a quaint little restaurant... Maria something or other.  

refresh

We dined outside, both enjoying delicious salads, took pictures, and gabbed about everything.  It was so nice to be sans children for pretty much the entire day.

an afternoon well spent

The following day, Scott went golfing with my dad while we girls enjoyed a relaxing morning.  We made a stop at a nearby yarn store so I could get some help with a pattern.  Unfortunately, I was not well received.  The lady who 'helped' me was rude and I could totally tell she thought I was stupid and had questioned my knitting capabilities.  I should have listened to the reviews I read and stayed away.  The project has since been completed. Yay!!


On Tuesday, after returning home and getting a good nights sleep, I made our first batch of kale chips.  I've seen these before and they appear to be quite popular at the local farmer's market.  They are surprisingly good and have an addictive quality to them. I added too much salt to ours so next time I'm going to be more careful.

kale chips

Here's what I did...


 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Wash and dry your greens and tear into bite size pieces.  Place in a large bowl, drizzle with 1 T. olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.  Feel free to add other seasonings if you wish.  Bake for about 15 or 20 minutes until nice and crispy.


How did you spend your weekend??

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tubac sounds like a fun place! So does your parent's, goodness!

    My weekend officially starts about noon tomorrow, after I speak at my show about what inspired my work (yikes!) and then I want to go see a sand mandala being made nearby...then who knows? Sky's the limit! Definitely some fun free-embroidery and lots of reading will occur. :)

    ReplyDelete

tell us what you think